SSH Setup Notes:
To set up SSH (or in this case, SSH2,which is what JFORCES currently has been tested under):
These steps are seperated into Local machine/Remote machine, but you will
have to do both to run ssh from localhost.
1) run ssh-keygen -t dsa
Press <ENTER> three times - this will generate a public
(~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub) and a private (~/.ssh/id_dsa) key with no passphrase.
2) login to machines that you will be connecting to with ssh to get their
keys. Note that for the localhost you will have to log on to localhost as
well as the hostname of your local machine eg:
ssh -l <username> localhost
ssh -l <username> hostname
SSH will prompt you whether or not you want to add the new key to your
keylist type 'yes' to these prompts.
4) Contents of /etc/ssh/ssh_config should be as follows (restart ssh if
you make any changes to this file):
5) chmod 700 /home/forces (or whatever the forces directory is)
1) Make sure sshd is running, if not add it to the startup scripts
2) Add local public keys (id_dsa.pub) of all machines (including
localhost) who wish to connect to the file ~/.ssh/authorized_keys2
3) Change or add the following line to /etc/ssh/sshd_config if it doesn't
exist already (restart sshd if you make any changes to this file):